[Inx] Hello old friends

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Wed Feb 7 16:49:41 PST 2018

As I suggested I believe we should stick with as Vanilla a Linux as
possible.

Antergos Linux https://antergos.com allows (or did) the installation of
just a command line system.

This they say allows the user to install a Desktop Environment when they
wish.

They have no idea there are people who just want to run in console all the
time.

I say we start there as everything is compiled from scratch or built into
binaries for the standard libraries that are installed in the base system
or which are added when installing those binaries.

A really small distro is also the way to go but most have stopped
development.

Pick a minimalist distro then add the neat stuff that has been done in INX
like the  aliases and other CLI programs that were part of the fun and go
from there.

Also there is a notable blind user group that loves CLI because they don't
have to play pin the tail on the donkey with a mouse on a screen they
cannot see.  CLI is perfect for blind users and with speakup you can make
it talk.

Best wishes,

David