[Inx] ps edit: Re: inx 1.17 installed WAS:Re: inxtaller on usb (almost there)

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Sun Mar 3 15:38:22 PST 2013

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 22:29:54 +0100
Ludo Beckers <lazylew at gmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded INX-unstable-1.17.iso from here
> http://inx.maincontent.net/devel/unstable/
> and burned it to cd.
> I don't remember what the options where at boot time (from the cd), but on
> this new cd there was 1 more option compared to the 1.0-live cd
> I picked that one and it installed all sorts of stuff from the web.
> I was also surpised by the Ubuntu header.

Ludo -

Follow up from my previous answer:

These are the instructions you should need. You already have an Ubuntu
command-line install, so follow this:

(I think the first option will be easier in your case):

 Rebooting will take you into the new
Ubuntu command-line install. From your bare-bones Ubuntu on hard
drive, you now have two choices:

	a: Download the netinxtaller script and make it executable

	wget inx.maincontent.net/netinxtaller
	chmod +x netinxtaller

	   Run it: (do not run 'sh inxtaller', use the dot-slash as
shown)
	sudo ./netinxtaller

        OR:

	b: If you leave the INX CD in place, on reboot choose to boot
from hard drive, and do the following:

	sudo mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
	sudo /cdrom/netinxtaller/netinxtaller

	(With a USB device the script will be on the first partition of
your INX USB, at 'netinxtaller/netinxtaller' as above)

I hope this solves the problem for you.
I guess having the net install as an option on the initial boot list was
not ideal. "mea culpa".

Peter