[Inx] a few suggestions for INX

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Thu Oct 16 16:17:34 PDT 2008

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:08:21 -0500
Dan Mazzei <sehku17 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Customization is always good, but different users have different needs,
> so it might be beneficial to be conservative as to how many custom
> settings for applications we put in.

I tend to agree with this.

There are of course some custom tweaks - for example, the "status bar"
in GNU Screen. The criterion for adding this, though, was that it makes
Screen (marginally) easier to use and shows the "multiple windows" idea
more clearly. A default Screen config is a "So what?" experience unless
you read the docs :)

Perhaps we need an "Advanced Edition" INX?

Peter
--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net