[Inx] a few suggestions for INX

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Thu Oct 16 16:45:37 PDT 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 22:41:43 +0200
CGA <callea.gaetano.andrea at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 - include weechat in by default. thoreauputic already told me that you
> ain't gonna replace irssi (which it's a nice app) and that one could install
> weechat on his own.

thoreauputic did indeed say something like that :) I was very nearby at
the time, so I am able to confirm this *g*

>       well while this is true, i recon that weechat might be the right
> choice if you want to keep one and one only application for each task
> because it has at least a couple of strong point:
>
>       a - it has a native user list
>       b - it's easily exetensible with scripts. (downloadable from website
> and easily installable/removable)
>       c - it's easy to learn and manage and once you master it it simply
> kick asses. i use it as my only IRC client on every computer i own, even if
> it has X.
>       d - it's easy to customize

That would be "couple+2" or "couple squared" *g*

What do other list members think? Should we use weechat?

Peter
--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net