[Inx] Updates, Interview, and Questions for Discussion

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Sun Nov 9 15:55:24 PST 2008

Hi,

First, something you might want to check out is an interview about INX
done by Karin and James Purser, via 'phone with inx-one ;-), which is
available in various podcast formats from:

"Open Source on the Air"
http://osota.fosscasts.org/

The relevant URL for the INX interview is:
http://osota.fosscasts.org/show_blag/OSOTA_2008-11-07

Other updates can be read in my recent post to the inx-devel list (if
you are not subscribed), here:

https://lists.launchpad.net/inx-devel/msg00095.html

I am particularly interested in list members reactions to the forum
question there - there are list members who like forums, and
might find this one way to contribute. I personally don't want to get
sidetracked too much, since my primary focus is trying to improve the
code... I haven't named the forum or person concerned, because I first
need to canvas for possible volunteers ;-)

Anyone interested can mail me off-list, and I will put them
in touch with the person who contacted me. He is aware that I am
sending this to the lists.

Oh, a couple of screen shots for the curious - I've started playing
around with the code for the INX Radio functions, and this is one
result. The idea is that we can have more choices on the Radio menu in
addition to the search function for streams. One possibility is to make
the main menu a set of categories, from each of which you can choose
streams - for example, "Rock", "Jazz", "Classical", "News" and so on. If
you have any direct URLs for such, please post them, and I'll check them
out for possible inclusion.

Screen shots of work in progress [ text encoding is an issue ;p ]

http://thoreauputic.boinc.ch//inx-bazaar-inx-devel-unstable-lib-inx.png
http://thoreauputic.boinc.ch/non-utf8-crap.png

(Marginalia: Yes, I'm aware that not everyone shares my musical
tastes ;)

 The code that produced the above experiments so far is only in the
"unstable" branch on Launchpad, and has not been merged to the "trunk",
or included in any new builds. I will keep you posted...

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net