[Inx] New to INX, willing to help

Lextori lextori at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 21:57:09 PST 2008

Hello,

I think I've found the first open source project I want to help contribute
to. The power of a CLI is actually really impressive once you go through the
tutorials. I've found that I'm more productive in INX(hard to get distracted
when all I have is CLI).

That said I've found a few things I think INX is lacking.

1. a simple to use IM client, finch comes close and is available through the
ubuntu repo's but is difficult enough to configure that it may not meet
INX's needs.
2. a flashcard application - I've tried looking and not found anything.
3. a roguelike game, roguelikes are one of the crowing examples of fun games
that are possible on the console, and have been one of my fav game types for
ages
4. an easy way to set up a compose key(on my ubuntu desktop I was able to
set my cap's lock key as compose with no problems using a dialog.)

I also have one question, how can I turn the numlock on login behavior off,
I use INX on my laptop and that is quite annoying. Also if anyone can help
me with setting up a compose key I would apprecate it :)

So my question to the community is how can I help? I know almost no
programming(I can putt around in python enough to see what's happening but
wouldn't trust myself to do much more than a hello world, and ask some
questions and spit them back at the user)

I am able to test, and give feedback, as well as suffer through bugs and
learn something new to be of use.

--
-Drew

"Rules are empty in themselves, violent and unfinalized; they are impersonal
and can be bent to any purpose." -Michel Foucault