[Inx] Inx Digest, Vol 47, Issue 5

Karl Goetz karl at kgoetz.id.au
Sat Feb 24 17:57:48 PST 2018

On 25/2/18 01:46, LM wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 11, 2018, 4:31 PM Karl wrote:
>
>     Subject: Re: [Inx] Hello old friends
>
>     In all seriousness, almost all of INX should be generic enough to run
>     anywhere - it was just things like accessing the frame buffer and
>     specific applications which became harder over time.
>
>     If there is interest in reviving INX, I encourage anyone interested to
>     run the scripts on their preferred distribution and to coordinate fixes
>     to make it work.
>

> So, is anyone going to work on this?

I haven't seen any activity but as noted previously I'm happy to help
out anyone who is keen to advance the project.

> Another thought, INX would probably port very well to Android.  There
> are terminal apps like Termux and Terminal for Android that run command
> line, terminal and ncurses based programs on Android.

I hadn't thought of that before, it is an interesting idea. Is it
possible to run GNU BASH, GNU Coreutils or similar packages? Porting
effort would be directly affected by their availability.

thanks,
kk