[Inx] replace CapsLock with Escape?

Karl Goetz karl at kgoetz.id.au
Sat Oct 4 16:54:27 PDT 2014

On 2/10/2014 6:58 am, Ludo Beckers wrote:
> I really can't recall exactly how I did it, as it's been quite a while.
> I did get an offlist reply from someone confirming there's no more updates,
> so I completely dropped the idea. (Might still have that mail somewhere..)

No worries, I was just wondering if you were installing 1.1 from the
website or using the bzr branch on launchpad to try and get the latest.

> Are you suggesting INX is still usable even though based on the very old
> Ubuntu 8?

It won't be usable without changes and in some cases (like the video
playback) it will be completely unusable due to changes in the
underlying software stack.

> I thought it was a very fun project to learn more about Linux.
> Meanwhile I did a text-only install of Debian7 and later added Openbox as
> GUI to keep it minimal.
> INX was more fun though :-)

If you'd like to hack around and try to get it working you're more then
welcome :)

thanks,
kk