[Inx] Debian based speaking distro - Knoppix 6

Ben Mullett benmullett at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 30 14:37:01 PDT 2009

Greetings to all,

Hope this is not old news - it surprised me.   Just downloaded
the (fairly) recent Knoppix 6 on CD, was surprised to find a
mostly empty menu tree once it was up, then realised that it is
a dual distro - and not intended as a maintenance/rescue tool.

Entering  ADRIANE  in lieu of  KNOPPIX  at the Live CD
     'boot:'             prompt resulted in a text-based talking
desktop that seemed to work very well.   I did find it hard
to use wearing a blindfold,  but suspect that is par for the
course.

Reason for posting here is that Knoppix source will have the
keys to implementation on a Debian base.   Might that help
you, Peter?

Best regards to all,  Ben