[Inx] Inxusb test [was Digest etc.]

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 29 02:01:41 PDT 2009

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:58:18 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
marshagilliland at earthlink.net wrote:

> Let me be the first to report here that the USB script works well  - I had good success the first time through and I was even able to figure out how to make my computer boot from USB (finally).

Good :)

> My only  problem was I needed a smaller screen size - wasn't sure how
> to do it with the USB boot.

I think I will add options for 800x600 resolution on the boot screen.
640x480 , though, is just too small to be usable currently.

> I would have posted from my USB boot, but
> the computer I was using at the moment had a wifi card and in order to
> use ceni I needed the root password and I couldn't remember it.

I don't quite follow this - on the live USB sudo should not require a
password, and selecting (9) in the Net & Web menu should run ceni
without issues, as far as I know...

> As a linux noob, I appreciated the extra warning about being sure
> which /dev/sd?? to use.

:-)
I think you can consider yourself at least "intermediate" by now,
Marsha, judging by your rapid learning curve evidenced on IRC :)
Someone who actually did the INX tutorials! Loud cheers! *g*

> Once I figure out how to adjust the screen size and get ceni worked out,
>  then install then use the update script, I will report back again.  :)

See above - and to get the update script, boot 'persistent' then run

wget inx.maincontent.net/updates/update-inx
chmod +x update-inx
./update-inx

(note the dot-slash)

On your next USB boot, the updates should be there (persistent mode is
nice!)

Thanks for the testing and feedback!

Peter
--