[Inx] Hello!

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Sat Feb 28 00:58:38 PST 2009

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 19:54:09 +1100
Richard Linux <richardlinx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a brief introduction from what I suppose you could call an INX "fan".
> Heard about INX a while ago back when it was at 1.0, didn't really give it
> much thot ght back then since I had no interest in learning any CLI commands
> let alone how to do some bash scripting! Recently though I've been more into
> Linux and trying out different disributions and what not, not to mention
> wanting to become more competent with the command line. Heard about INX 1.1
> and the rest is history from there.

Welcome aboard!

> I've been going through the tutorials

Loud cheers! :-)

> and even play the "robotkitten" game on INX. I was impressed (and surprised)
> by some of the things that could be done in a text based OS (Lego video was
> great). It's a great OS with an excellent guide so that even though
> everything seems very unfamiliar you still feel right at home. I'm looking
> forward to being part of the INX community, even if it only seems to be
> around 12 people. : )

It's a bit bigger than that - there are around 50 people on th emailing
list for example :) You are taking the IRC channel as the total number
I think - now if more people would hang out on #inx, irc.freenode.net,
they might become more involved :)

Feel free to ask questions or make (sensible) suggestions *grin*.

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net