[Inx] [inx-translation] about the folder *starter*

piero piero at linuxquimper.org
Sun Aug 30 03:04:13 PDT 2009

2009/8/28 Peter Garrett <inx-one at optusnet.com.au>:
> You guys have removed most of the files from scriptsandfunctions / trunk
> from your branch - this probably is not a good idea.
>
> I think you should merge from trunk each time before making changes to
> your branch - if there are no changes bzr will tell you so - later on
> when we merge translations there could be major confusion and conflicts
> otherwise...
>
> We need to be working on the same code base all the time.

I do agree with this principle, Peter : *working on the same code base
all the time*. Unfortunately I don't now how, and if, it's possible
technically (and it look that Addikt1ve - who should understand -
too). But I'm so beginner, particularly with bzr...

Please tel me, how it look possible for you to synchronize trunk and
translation without conflict when we merge ?

2009/8/30 Peter Garrett <inx-one at optusnet.com.au>:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:02:38 +0200
> Vincent <the.addikt1ve at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since we are going to rewrite your code, it wouldn't be interesting to
>> update our files from yours. There would be conflits each time we merge :)
>>
> For the moment, just do what you are doing already - we can sort out
> how we merge later. I was concerned that if I made changes in 'trunk'
> they would not go into your translation branch...
>
> To be discussed...

Yes, we need to organize, and improve, ours method. Actually it's
quite empirical : not easy to compare original with translated file,
to now witch one are really done, or are to do, the stage of each
file, etc.

I'm waiting about suggestions (from you ? Traaf ? Addikt1ve ?
unfortunately Fanch came back in October).

My *Real World (tm)* it's coming back too...

good night Eastern time

piero