[Inx] eeepc wireless

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 22 03:51:43 PDT 2009

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 00:54:12 +0200 (CEST)
"a.bordoni at tiscali.it" <a.bordoni at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Can somebody tell me if and how it is possible to
> make the wifi card under inX.

You don't mention whether you tried the "ceni" wireless/network
connection manager found under "Net and Web" (number 9). If INX fails
to find your wireless card I would imagine that the kernel module for
it is not present (not part of the linux-modules package for the INX
kernel, in other words).

It may be that the driver is part of the restricted modules package,
which is not included in INX. If you haven't already seen this, it
might help, although rather than rebooting I think using "modprobe" to
load the driver should work (I'm only guessing, since I am not
familiar with the eee pc):

http://nousessence.com/node/99#3

Unfortunately it appears this approach requires installing
build-essential and compiling the driver.  Of course, catch 22, it
also requires a wired connection to download the needed files...

You might also look at the "Workaround: Madwifi (recommended for Ubuntu
8.04 and 7.10)" section of

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EeePC/Fixes

I found that by doing  a google search on

wireless eeepc 701 ubuntu 8.04

There may be other how-tos or help on the web. Note that INX is based on
Ubuntu 8.04.

Peter
--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net