[Inx] Debian based speaking distro - Knoppix 6

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 2 05:35:59 PDT 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:37:01 +1100
Ben Mullett <benmullett at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Entering  ADRIANE  in lieu of  KNOPPIX  at the Live CD
>      'boot:'             prompt resulted in a text-based talking
> desktop that seemed to work very well.   I did find it hard
> to use wearing a blindfold,  but suspect that is par for the
> course.
>
> Reason for posting here is that Knoppix source will have the
> keys to implementation on a Debian base.   Might that help
> you, Peter?

It might - thanks for the info.

On the other hand, if there is already a working live CD with these
options, are we just reinventing the wheel?

The question is whether INX should either:

1) Have a separate "edition" with these options added
2) Include the options in the "standard" INX edition
3) Point people to an existing distro/live CD that has the options
already working

So far there has been zero response to my first clumsy efforts to start
getting this running in INX with the inx-unstable-1.12.iso that I
linked in a previous post:

http://inx.maincontent.net/devel/unstable/inx-unstable-1.12.iso

 Unless there is some feedback, and preferably some involvement in
developing this for INX from team members or others, I don't think it
is going to happen.

Comments?

Peter

--