[Inx] inxtaller on usb (almost there)

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Mon Dec 5 03:23:51 PST 2011

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 20:28:31 +1100
Karl Goetz <karl at kgoetz.id.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 10:04:16 +0100
> Ludo Beckers <lazylew at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > lines 280, 281 confirm that
> > I guess I'll stick with using a live cd till I have an old machine I
> > can deploy
>
> I was trying to work out why i thought inx had a persistant mode -
> finally found the command i was after: inxusb
> Should install inx onto a usb stick, setting up a live partition and a
> data partition.

Most of this can be simplified by downloading inx-1.17, which contains
both inxusb and inxtaller, with menus that explain their use (I hope!).

You can access those menus from the "Tools" menu:

i: Install Information and Options

All the install methods start from a live booted inx CD of course...

Note that inx-1.17 also includes the net install method, which requires
a bit more understanding and a fair bit of downloading, but is far more
flexible than "inxtaller" and allows you to specify partitions etc. via
the net install iso alos included in 1.17.

You can get 1.17 here:
http://inx.maincontent.net/devel/unstable/

Direct link for the iso:
http://inx.maincontent.net/devel/unstable/inx-unstable-1.17.iso