[Inx] inxtaller on usb (almost there)

Karl Goetz karl at kgoetz.id.au
Sun Dec 4 20:46:22 PST 2011

On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 13:42:32 +0100
Ludo Beckers <lazylew at gmail.com> wrote:

> I received several links for downloading inxtaller, but this one was
> the clearest one, since it had a Download button, which I couldn't
> find on the other links.
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~inx-devel/inx/inxtaller/view/head:/inxtaller
>
> Now before I do something really stupid, I'd like to be sure I
> don't :-) On my 8GB usb stick I now have a file called inxtaller
> (24.4 KB shell script)

installer is - as far as i remember - run inside inx.

> So if I reboot my pc with usb as 1st boot it will start inx, correct?
> But... will that erase my entire disk on the pc, or did all the
> warnings I got mean that the entire space on the usb will be used?
>
> Better safe than sorry ;-)

The installer appears to contain the clue as to what happens at line
79. My quick look indicates that it asks you to confirm which drive you
will use, but as with any install i'd take a backup first :)

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~inx-devel/inx/inxtaller/view/head:/inxtaller#L79

thanks,
kk

--