[Inx] INX Alpha scripts

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Mon Jun 28 06:13:14 PDT 2010

Hello Peter and others,

The newest Alpha of INX works very well.  I've only found one problem
- and it is just an outdated link since the BBC has moved from
RealPlayer to Windows media.

I have just used INX as a base for a text only system for the blind.
It is really good for this - but I cannot find the command that starts
the inx screen on boot up.  I would like to eliminate that link so
that the system starts up with a prompt.

I'll also have to eliminate the beautifully done ASCII art at the top
of the menus - the screen reader has to read the / | \ marks which is
annoying - but to a person who can see the ASCII art is very
beautifully done.

Here are some new links for the BBC and one for Vatical Radio 1 which
has very beautiful classical music during the early hours (00 to 05
hours in Europe) which is evening time here on the East Coast USA.

Radio 1 BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r1.asx
Radio 2 BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r2.asx
Radio 3 BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3.asx
Radio 4 BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r4.asx
Radio 4 LW http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r4lw.asx
Radio 5 http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r5.asx
Radio 6 http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r6.asx
Radio 7 http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r7.asx

BBC World Service
http://livewmstream-ws.bbc.co.uk.edgestreams.net/reflector:38972
BBC World Service NEWS
http://livewmstream-ws.bbc.co.uk.edgestreams.net/reflector:47971

Vatican Radio
http://a355.l5233434354.c52334.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/355/52334/v0001/reflector:34354

Again I need:

Location of Start Up Script:
Names of fancy menus (I have so far inx menu - if you remember them or
where they are - I think they're all in /usr/local/bin

Thanks again,

David Ring