[Inx] inx-lucid-alpha-2

Steve yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 27 02:37:58 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 20:31 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 10:17:43 +0100
> Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 16:31:17 +1000
> > Peter Garrett <inx-one at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> >

> > > Thanks for the report. Could you please boot "live" and send the list
> > > output of the following commands:
> > >
> > >  cat /etc/issue.net
> > INX lucid-alpha-2
> >

> OK :-)
> > >
> > >  lsmod | grep vesafb
> > vesafb                       3542  0
>
> Well, vesafb is loading, but...
> >

> > >  tput lines
> > 30
> >

> > >  tput cols
> > 80
>
> Ouch!
>
> You are not getting a framebuffer. That's just the default
> non-framebuffer resolution. I imagine all the menus are also horrible
> and cutting off as well. Nothing that uses framebuffer will work...
>
> I shall look at this more closely - evidently something other than
> vesafb has to  load/happen for you to get 1024x768 resolution ... Which
> would be columns x lines=128x48 , iirc.
>
> Will report back if I can figure this one out!
> As I said in my previous reply, I need to hear from other users as well.
>
> It might be helpful to know, though, whether you are running INX on a
> "Netbook" or similar. Some machines just can't supply the 1024x768x16
> framebuffer. Does the same thing happen with inx-1.1, or inx-1.17 ?
> If those "work", then we still have a bug. If not, then this is at
> least not specific to inx-lucid-alpha-2

Tried INX-1.17 and same problem.  If I run 'hwinfo --monitor' it is
convinced the max resolution is 640x480, no matter which monitor I have
attached. If I boot an Ubuntu Lucid live session I invariably get a
usable resolution and hwinfo reports, in most cases, the correct data
for the monitor.

On booting the INX live CD the resolution seems to drop part way through
the boot and then again around the point the mouse driver is installed.
I’ve looked at the logs and there doesn’t appear to be anything obvious
reported.

--
Steve (YorvYk)

http://lubuntu.net/