[Inx] inx-lucid-alpha-2

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 25 23:31:17 PDT 2010

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:15:58 +0100
Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:16:54 +1000
> Peter Garrett <inx-one at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>

> > * People with nvidia, ati or intel video cards/onboards - please see if
> >   mplayer plays in colour (easy way is to go to "Fun & Games" to play
> >   "A New Computer"), and check to see if the mouse scroll works with
> >   xlinks2. Please include your particular video card in reports (ati,
> >   nvidia, intel)
> >
> Hardware Intel i810
> Attempting to plat "A New Computer" results in no video being dusplayed but, audio can be heard.
>
> Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec family [theora @ 0x19156c0]Missing extradata!
> Could not open codec.
> VDecoder init failed :(
> Opening video decoder: [theora] Theora/VP3
> VDEC: vo congfig request - 720 x 480 (prefered colorspace: Planar YV12)
> Etc Etc.

Thanks for the report. Could you please boot "live" and send the list
output of the following commands:

 cat /etc/issue.net

 lsmod | grep vesafb

 tput lines

 tput cols

I am thinking that the vesafb frame buffer driver is not loading, but
the commands above will tell me what resolution and frame buffer, if
any, are running when you boot inx-lucid-alpha-2. The first command is
just to confirm that you are running the latest version...

If other list members have booted on hardware using intel graphics,
could they please confirm this bug, or tell us what happened with their
machines?

I am also awaiting reports from those using nvidia and ati.

Peter