[Inx] inx-lucid-alpha-2

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jun 26 03:31:44 PDT 2010

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 10:17:43 +0100
Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 16:31:17 +1000
> Peter Garrett <inx-one at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>

> > Thanks for the report. Could you please boot "live" and send the list
> > output of the following commands:
> >
> >  cat /etc/issue.net
> INX lucid-alpha-2

OK :-)

> >  lsmod | grep vesafb
> vesafb                       3542  0

Well, vesafb is loading, but...

> >  tput lines
> 30
>

> >  tput cols
> 80

Ouch!

You are not getting a framebuffer. That's just the default
non-framebuffer resolution. I imagine all the menus are also horrible
and cutting off as well. Nothing that uses framebuffer will work...

I shall look at this more closely - evidently something other than
vesafb has to  load/happen for you to get 1024x768 resolution ... Which
would be columns x lines=128x48 , iirc.

Will report back if I can figure this one out!
As I said in my previous reply, I need to hear from other users as well.

It might be helpful to know, though, whether you are running INX on a
"Netbook" or similar. Some machines just can't supply the 1024x768x16
framebuffer. Does the same thing happen with inx-1.1, or inx-1.17 ?
If those "work", then we still have a bug. If not, then this is at
least not specific to inx-lucid-alpha-2

Can you get 800x600 with inx-lucid-alpha-2 ? That would be vga=788 on
the boot line, which you can access from F6 on the initial boot screen.
Just edit that line to vga=788 and hit <enter>

Thanks again,

Peter

Peter