[Inx] inx in a magazina

Niels Egberts niels.egberts at gmail.com
Thu May 28 06:28:10 PDT 2009

Here it is :-).

Because I guess you can't read dutch fluent, I have translated 2 parts:

Title:
Look mom! Without X!
Why INX is not X

Short translation of the first paragraph:
Some people brag that they don't need any graphical programs or even that
they rarely start up X. Although it is not difficult to lean a few terminal
commands, living without X is a bridge to far for most people. The
Linux-distribution INX helps you with that. In this article we guide you
trough the possibilities of INX and maybe we'll inspire you to use a few of
the available tools in your current Linux-distrobution.

Then it tells what INX is, the at it's based on Ubuntu etc. And then it goes
trough the menu, what you get when you type, 1, 2 and 3. Tells what a
framebuffer does, gives a few commands that INX can teach you

Last paragraph:
If you don't like this enough, then the last menu option Fun & Games will
give you some fun things that you can do without X, like playing an audio-c,
and play a few games. A game of Solitaire can't lack in an Operating System!
INX is very fun to check out and you will definetely learn a few new and
usefull programs. You'll notice that a console does not have to be boring...

Niels.