[Inx] State of INX - brief report ...

Jared Bernard jared.bernard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 06:59:13 PST 2009

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Peter Garrett wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 00:30:27 -0500
> David Ring <n1ea at arrl.net> wrote:
>
>> Here is the link for the first page - you'll have to scan it for
>> announcements of programs!
>> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=24571
>
> So, for people on the INX list who have no existing coding/bash skills -
> care to take David up on his offer, and trawl through the list for
> goodies that might be appropriate in INX?
>
> Reports of interesting non-X finds would be interesting!

I've been interested in console only apps tools for the blind as well.
There are already two distros that I know of that are designed for the
blind.

http://leb.net/blinux/
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Adaptive-Technologies/Vibuntu-43337.shtml

Regarding non-X apps, I've begun a comparison chart several months ago
showing common GUI applications and there CLI counterparts. I've been
slowly adding to this list, and would love any suggestions for new
additions. I believe it's a pretty thorough list, but I would like to do
alot more with it, like add links to the apps home pages, links to
tutorials and/or other info. I would also like to improve the design of
the page as it's pretty bland right now. Anyway, take a look and let me
know what you think.

http://www.jaredandcoralee.com/CLIapps.html

Jared Bernard

"Don't Fear the Penguin!"