[Inx] installation OK inx-unstable-1.15

Karl Goetz karl at kgoetz.id.au
Mon Dec 14 20:35:59 PST 2009

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 22:40:36 -0500
tom lightbody <swan36doe at gmail.com> wrote:

Disclaimer: I am not a developer :)

> this is very impressive work you've done.  I'm trying to whittle my
> installation down to 0.5 GB for use as a small "hack-me" installation
> on (ahem) windows machines. So far by ridding myself of the gimp, and
> hated vim--down to 0.671.

Remembered to `apt-cache clean`? :) if your not familiar with them,
look at deborphan and debfoster. (as for hating vim... bah).

> "ath5k" is a useful wireless module: would you consider adding it to
> the stock distribution?  Atheros a/b/g cards.

It would probably involve changing to a newer kernel then is currently
shipped (2.6.28 is the first merged kernel with it iirc).
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au