[Inx] What about a French translation?

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Mon Aug 24 08:44:39 PDT 2009

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:28:33 +0200
Vincent <the.addikt1ve at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not going to maintain a french release of INX: we want to be the
> mainteners of translation files, not of software.

Fair enough.

> Translating hard-coded english output is a pure waste of time.

I would agree.

> I'd understand your decision if you don't consider rewriting INX using
> gettext, but then there won't be any translation (IMHO).

Given that I spent a good proportion of my time since 2007 writing INX,
and that I have other more pressing things that need doing, like
following the vocation that I neglected for years to help GNU/Linux,
I'd say there won't be a translation, then.

If people want one, I guess they will have to put in the hard work that
I put in and am still putting in whenever possible. The code is there.

Thanks for your interest.

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net