[Inx] R: Re: eeepc wireless

a.bordoni at tiscali.it a.bordoni at tiscali.it
Wed Apr 22 15:02:46 PDT 2009

----Messaggio originale----
Da: inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Data:
22/04/2009 12.51
A: <inx at lists.inx.maincontent.net>
Cc: "a.
bordoni at tiscali.it"<a.bordoni at tiscali.it>
Ogg: Re: [Inx] eeepc wireless

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 00:54:12 +0200 (CEST)
"a.bordoni at tiscali.it" <a.
bordoni at tiscali.it> wrote:

Thank you for the response.
I indeed forgot
to mention that I tried "ceni": I didn't know this network manager, but
I think that the wireless card were found, since the "usual" entries in
the /etc/network/interfaces files were created.
If I'm wrong, please
feel free to correct me.
Moreover, the wireless card was correctly
recognized at boot time (it was reported in the dmesg output).

However, when I try to activate it, I always get (sort of) device not
found error.

I looked for the "generic" ubuntu 8.04-eeepc soultions
available, and I'm still working on it.
The main issue is that I would
like to do it offline, since I don't have access to a wired connection,
for the moment.
Moreover, I'm working on the live cd (though on usb)
version, so the "local install" solution would be preferred.
I'd need a
list of the ubuntu packages to download (from a non-ubuntu linux box),
for example to install the build-essential package with all its
dependencies, to transfer them to the inx machine, and then "apt-get
install" them from the local directory.

I will try. Suggestions are
always appreciated.

Off-topic:
do you know if it's possible to select
a vga=xxx option at boot time to have the correct 800x480 resolution? I
managed to work with vga=785, vga=769 (both 640x480)...

a.

Su Tiscali Photo c'è la Promozione di Primavera. Stampa le tue foto nei formati 13x17 o 13x19 a soli 0,11 euro

http://photo.tiscali.it