[Inx] Fwd: require <enter> in tutorial

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Sat Sep 13 00:52:26 PDT 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:52:03 +0200
"Niels Egberts" <niels.egberts at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got a comment about the tutorial, as it is now it just keeps going at
> it's own pace. I personally think this can be improved by,
> - Require <enter> or 'any' key at the bottom of every page, so that the
> people who read slowly and the non-native english can take the time.
> - Let people skip pages they may already have read by pressing enter during
> the 'animation'.

I think (but I'm not sure) that you  mean the "Intro" and not
the tutorials ?

An option to halt and restart the intro as you suggest is certainly a
good idea, and I will look at it to see how it can be implemented. I
think it should be optional - in fact when I first wrote the intro it
did have "hit any key to continue" , but at the time I decided
that it spoilt the flow. Your points about people who have a different
first language, and those who wish to return to the intro at the point
where they left it, are both good ones.

What would be nice in the nine tutorials would be an option to go back
one page or stage in the process, rather than be forced forwards - I
haven't tackled that one yet :)

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net