[Inx] Thread Two: RC-3 or not?

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Mon Sep 8 21:00:31 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 07:10:48AM +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> Should there be an RC-3?

Sorry, been a slackass (well not really, but from Inx's POV :p), and haven't
been testing. I'll do that really, but as for now... Can't say.

> Should the next INX version be 1.0 ?

The same applies here.

> Is it almost ready to be 1.0? Should we do the "E" and "Google" thing
> and be in perpetual Beta/ RC / Version 0.99999 repeated?

Errr... no. That's not cool. However,

> Should we have an "inx-unstable" that gets all the latest crack?

Yes, this is a sane approach. I think Debian does it just fine. Have a 'sid',
from which we release stable ones every now and again.

My 2 (euro-)cents. :)

Oh, and many of you will now wonder, whose?! My name is Janne, people call me
Jaska or AstralJava around the freenode.org. I have been working on Ubuntu
Studio and Fluxbuntu projects for quite some time now, and thus involved with
derivatives. Been a lifelong fan of Peter's posts on ubuntu-users@ ( :-o ), and
have a fascination towards shells and scripting them.

Unfortunately, since we're building a house now, my time has been limited for
personal agendas, and Inx has got the least of it. But I plan on being more
active in the near future, so don't be too surprised if you see my name/nick
every once in a while around the project. :)

--
Jaska a.k.a AstralJava