[Inx] unicode fonts for the tty

Shelagh Manton shelagh.manton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 15:31:14 PDT 2008

I have noticed that sometimes in irc, people's comments looks like this
in erc (the emacs irc client I use) ?? and ????. Now I know this is
related to unicode and encoding.

I know this is a complex issue. Is there anyone in our group that has
any expertise in this area? Is it just a matter of installing a good
unicode terminal font? and letting whatever config file know that that
is the font we want to use.

Of course its possible that my problems stem from the fact that I'm
accessing erc through inx on screen using ssh inside an xterm. There are
a few levels of unicode glitch levels in that scenario.

Shelagh

Jabber: shelagh.manton at gmail.com