[Inx] a few suggestions for INX

Karl Goetz karl at kgoetz.id.au
Thu Oct 16 19:21:41 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 22:41 +0200, CGA wrote:
> Hi all,

> and now let's get straight to the point:

Cool!

> firstly some software suggestions:
>
> 1 - include weechat in by default. thoreauputic already told me that
> you ain't gonna replace irssi (which it's a nice app) and that one
> could install weechat on his own.

Is it just an irc client?

>       a - it has a native user list

Whats this mean?

>       b - it's easily exetensible with scripts. (downloadable from
> website and easily installable/removable)
>       c - it's easy to learn and manage and once you master it it
> simply kick asses. i use it as my only IRC client on every computer i
> own, even if it has X.

These apply to irssi too ;)

>       d - it's easy to customize
>
>       these are a few of the thing why weechat rocks. i'm sure there
> are many others.

> 2 - include a unique IM sw for msn jabber and stuff except than IRC,
> like a pidgin/kopete for cli. read about them here:
> http://blog.mypapit.net/2007/10/centerim-and-finch-ncurses-based-instant-messenger-for-linux.html

Could be doable

> 3 - think about burning: genisoimage and wodim. stadard tools already
> in debian/ubuntu and many other distros. two great tools indeed. they
> go hand in hand. i suggest you put them both in.

We did talk about this when talking about the necesity of a cd playing
tool - until toram got involved, it was a moot point :)

> 4 - mutt or pine for emails and sutff and bla bla bla.

Isnt there currently a mail app?

> the list could go on, with rtorrent and amule-cli for example, but i
> better stop here for now.

$mypetapphere

> 1 - to get knoppix like colorized boot process (which it has been a
> long time desire for me which i never managed to realize due to lack
> of knowledge and informations)

My first reaction is always bleh. But I don't boot very much, so being
able to see useful info about my boot is always more important to me
then colourised [done] boxes.

> 2 - use a framebuffer image and better fonts in ttys.

"Better fonts"? I dont see anything wrong with the ones there.

> 3 - include tutorials (on bash for example) where reasonably feasable

I thought there were some tutes?
kk

--
Karl Goetz <karl at kgoetz.id.au>