[Inx] I want to contribute

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 7 22:32:31 PDT 2008

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:49:05 +0530
"Siddharth Prakash Singh" <spsneo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to this community. I want to contribute to INX. How to start?
> Please help me.

Welcome to the list :)

It would probably help us to make suggestions if you told us where
your interests and abilities lie.

You do not need to be a "coder" to contribute - several team members
are relatively new GNU/Linux users who just enjoy using INX, and report
their experiences, things that don't quite "work", and so on.

How to start contributing really depends on what you are interested in
doing. For example, if you know a bit about Bash scripting, you can look
at the code, perhaps find bugs, or write some additions.

If your interest is in the code, you can browse here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~inx-devel/inx/scriptsandfunctions/files

and here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~inx-devel/inx/scriptsandfunctions/changes

If this is your interest, then you might want to read David Symons's
excellent "Howto" about using the Bazaar revision control system:

http://lists.inx.maincontent.net/pipermail/inx-inx.maincontent.net/2008-May/000017.html

or here:
https://lists.launchpad.net/inx-devel/msg00000.html

You can apply to join the INX team here:
https://launchpad.net/~inx-devel

Or I can add you to the team once you have a Launchpad account.

None of the above is compulsory to help INX, of course.
You might want to help by contributing suggestions on this list, or
joining the Internet Relay Chat channel ( #inx on irc.freenode.net ).
The IRC client in INX connects to that channel by default - but it is
still a small channel, so depending on the time of day, it might be
very quiet :)

Maybe you can reply to this list, and tell us a bit more about what sort
of contributions you think you would like to make, why you are
interested, and what ideas you have about INX ?

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net