[Inx] Learning Tool or Complete Distro? Was: Qingy: GUI login

Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix - ompaul at eircom.net
Sun Nov 23 03:41:08 PST 2008

David Kuntadi wrote:

> About the size of ISO, what I want to say is:
> Do not worry so much about the size ( as long as below 700 MB),

correct :)
> May be I should just write it to the point and not write it like
> complaining about disc not full, really stupid indeed. Offcourse I did
> burn small ISOs file like IPCOP or any other ISOs I want to use.

I thought you might have. ;-)
> I thought INX invites user feedback as below:
> =========================================================================================
> http://inx.maincontent.net/info/info.html
>
> You don't need to be an "expert" to give useful feedback - in fact the
> idea is to make INX work well for people who are just starting, and
> are a bit scared of the console. If you have questions, feel free to
> ask at that email address.
> =====================================================================================

(snipped lots)

it does however a minor qualification should be taken on board - it is a
distro that focuses on the CLI  note the words in the section above

"idea is to make INX work well for people who are just starting, and
are a bit scared of the console" this is what got my goat and had me
ranting and raving ;-)

the suggestions are to make it a full gui based distro,  there are
plenty gui based distros

it is a pity you were not in the irc channel after I sent the first mail
- I had a chat about that mail

to ask klaus knopper to do a gnome version would be missing the point of
Knoppix. ;-)

all mail is welcome but it is more about being on topic for the list in
question

the fact that we now have this historically recorded may help others ;-)

Regards,
P.