[Inx] Qingy: GUI login

Karl Goetz karl at kgoetz.id.au
Fri Nov 21 23:04:34 PST 2008

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:30:47 +0700
"David Kuntadi" <d.kuntadi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> If INX plan to be installable for next releases, a GUI login would be
> very attractive I think.
>

> A Qingy image 	qingy is a replacement for getty. Written in C,
> it uses DirectFB to provide a fast, nice GUI without the overhead of
> the X Windows System. It allows the user to log in and start the
> session of his choice (text console, gnome, kde, wmaker, ...).
>

> I thought it would be a "nice to have" and surprise people how good
> "without X" could be.

My random thought:
If inx wants to be CLI/no X based, does that include covering everything
up with framebuffer?

"No X" and "CLI" are different - afaik the projects always used them
interchangeably, but they are slightly different.

kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
Debian user / gNewSense contributor