[Inx] New inx .iso upload - please test!
inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Sat May 17 00:05:55 PDT 2008
The latest hardy-inx.iso is now uploaded:
************************ What's new *****************************
* The hard drive access menu is now much nicer - this needs testing,
since it tries to "see" all usb and hard drive devices, while showing
the "/" as well, and allowing navigation to/from the usb menu with
one key press, and so on.
It should automatically move to the usb menu from the drive access
menu for anything mounted as /media/usb* ( in other words, mounted by
If you have a system with multiple partitions or drives, please
burn and *boot* the CD to see if access works as intended. Running it
as a virtual machine from the iso image, or a virtual machine
install, won't really test it :)
Known issues: If you mount a device in multiple places, the menu only
shows one of them (e.g. mount /dev/sda1 on both /mnt and /media/sda1
and only the last one in /etc/mtab shows on the list - a bit of a
"corner case" I suppose.)
* Freecell Patience added to the "Fun" menu :-) (Merged from David
* Most menus should now look better as they are indented from the left
slightly. Exception: the tutorials have not been changed, although
the main tutorial menu has.
* Recent security updates installed (ssh and ssl).
## On the "Maybe coming next" list:
* New splash screen, and slightly less *green* in the default theme ;-)
* Menu "reforms" (we all know what that word means these days, and it
has nothing to do with the true meaning of the word ;-p)
## Needed Help, Fun Puzzles:
* Someone who has ntfs file systems ( i.e. Windows) to see if ntfs-3g
works for read/write access to ntfs partitions - ntfs-3g is included
and uses "fuse", so I *think* it should work. Since I have no Windows
here, I can't test... input from the team needed.
* Maybe ambitious - anyone with some Samba knowledge to look at
implementing Windows file sharing.
Peter Garrett <inx-one at optusnet.com.au>
More information about the Inx