[Inx] Opinions regarding release, and some updates on what is happening

David Symons david.symons at liberatedcomputing.net
Thu May 15 13:27:15 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Peter Garrett <inx-one at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It would be good to hear from people what they think about the
> following:
>
> * name for next INX : suggestion from ompaul was
>
>  "INX 2 : The Console Revisited"

I like it.  My own INX journey.

>  suggestion from inx-one: ;-)
>
>  "INX 10 - Second in a trilogy of 11"

I'd say the swish (of it going over people's heads) could be cyclonic.

>  Possible combination:
>  "INX 10 : The Console Revisited - Second in a trilogy of 11"

As above.

> * Burning question: should the default colour scheme be changed from
>  "green and gold" to "boring blue" or maybe "revolting red and yellow"
>  or <insert your ideas here> ?

I'm a bit colour blind so will abstain.  As I do from all decorating
decisions at home :-) .  Happy with anything visible.

> * Is the new structure working for you ? I have moved all the functions
>  to /usr/local/lib/inx  ( As of today's uploaded hardy-inx.iso ). All
>  the scripts in /usr/local/bin are now executables . Most of them
>  simply call/source /usr/local/lib/main-inx , from whence they branch
>  to the relevant other function(s).

Internal structure fine for me.  I have some suggestions wrt menus.
Separate email coming.

> * "When It's Ready (tm)" , should INX be announced on distrowatch? Or
>  would  that be to have delusions of grandeur?

Yes and yes :-).  Need mirrors.  I can mirror.

> * Bug reports either to #inx on Freenode or to this list would be
>  helpful. This list is a better idea, since that way subscribers will
>  be more likely to see, and maybe help.
>
> * Something else that I've forgotten for the moment, but will no doubt
>  remember briefly in the middle of the night, before forgetting it
>  again.

You too eh.  :-)

Cheers, Dave.

--