[Inx] Opinions regarding release, and some updates on what is happening

Andre Mangan andrem at internode.on.net
Wed May 7 22:05:08 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 10:11 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It would be good to hear from people what they think about the
> following:
>
> * name for next INX : suggestion from ompaul was
>
>  "INX 2 : The Console Revisited"

That sounds good.
The title is descriptive and will make people wonder how they missed
previous editions of this gem.

>   suggestion from inx-one: ;-)
>
>  "INX 10 - Second in a trilogy of 11"

Only for cognoscente.

>   Possible combination:
>   "INX 10 : The Console Revisited - Second in a trilogy of 11"

The best of both worlds - descriptive with a hint of mystique.

> * Burning question: should the default colour scheme be changed from
>   "green and gold" to "boring blue" or maybe "revolting red and yellow"
>   or <insert your ideas here> ?

I have no problem with the colours.  The user can adjust the display to
accommodate personal colour preferences.

> * Is the new structure working for you ? I have moved all the functions
>   to /usr/local/lib/inx  ( As of today's uploaded hardy-inx.iso ). All
>   the scripts in /usr/local/bin are now executables . Most of them
>   simply call/source /usr/local/lib/main-inx , from whence they branch
>   to the relevant other function(s).

I have yet to sample the latest issue of INX.

> * "When It's Ready (tm)" , should INX be announced on distrowatch? Or
>   would  that be to have delusions of grandeur?

Not grandiose at all - go for it.  What about the Ubuntu Forum and Full
Circle e-magazine to name but two other avenues.

> * Bug reports either to #inx on Freenode or to this list would be
>   helpful. This list is a better idea, since that way subscribers will
>   be more likely to see, and maybe help.

Agreed.

> * Something else that I've forgotten for the moment, but will no doubt
>   remember briefly in the middle of the night, before forgetting it
>   again.

Ah, Kraft syndrome - in one so young too ;)

Cheers,
Andre