[Inx] Opinions regarding release, and some updates on what is happening

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Wed May 7 17:11:28 PDT 2008

Hello,

It would be good to hear from people what they think about the
following:

* name for next INX : suggestion from ompaul was

 "INX 2 : The Console Revisited"

  suggestion from inx-one: ;-)

 "INX 10 - Second in a trilogy of 11"

  Possible combination:
  "INX 10 : The Console Revisited - Second in a trilogy of 11"

* Burning question: should the default colour scheme be changed from
  "green and gold" to "boring blue" or maybe "revolting red and yellow"
  or <insert your ideas here> ?

* Is the new structure working for you ? I have moved all the functions
  to /usr/local/lib/inx  ( As of today's uploaded hardy-inx.iso ). All
  the scripts in /usr/local/bin are now executables . Most of them
  simply call/source /usr/local/lib/main-inx , from whence they branch
  to the relevant other function(s).

* "When It's Ready (tm)" , should INX be announced on distrowatch? Or
  would  that be to have delusions of grandeur?

* Bug reports either to #inx on Freenode or to this list would be
  helpful. This list is a better idea, since that way subscribers will
  be more likely to see, and maybe help.

* Something else that I've forgotten for the moment, but will no doubt
  remember briefly in the middle of the night, before forgetting it
  again.

--
Peter Garrett <inx-one at optusnet.com.au>