[Inx] Opinions regarding release, and some updates on what is happening

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Thu May 8 02:24:40 PDT 2008

On Thu, 08 May 2008 17:39:06 +0930
Karl Goetz <karl at kgoetz.id.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 10:11 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
[snip]
> >   Possible combination:
> >   "INX 10 : The Console Revisited - Second in a trilogy of 11"
> >

> Assuming INX target is people who arn't overly geeky, is doing "in"
> naming a good move?

Probably not. Fair point.

> > * Burning question: should the default colour scheme be changed from
> >   "green and gold" to "boring blue" or maybe "revolting red and yellow"
> >   or <insert your ideas here> ?
>
> /me finds pink text on an orange background quite relaxing...

No comment ;-)

> I havent tried the latest inx, but dark background == good thing.

Well, it kind of has to be a black background as default, because
various apps just change to black anyway - thus using pretty colours in
the background setting is not really an option - it gets messy.

[snip]
> > * Something else that I've forgotten for the moment, but will no doubt
> >   remember briefly in the middle of the night, before forgetting it
> >   again.
>
> Good... something we dont need to comment on :p

Touché.

--
Peter Garrett <inx-one at optusnet.com.au>