[Inx] Dictionary questions

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 21 05:13:03 PDT 2008

Shelagh was asking on IRC about the lack of dictionaries in INX.

Originally I made the decision to use only "dict", which looks up words
from "dict.org"

Now, supposing we added word lists for /usr/share/dict/words ....

British spelling? US spelling?

Culture wars! *g*

Thoughts?

Related:
"vcstime", which is the "clock" in INX, uses 24 hour time.
Dan suggested that 12 hour time would be nice as an option. I agree,
but vcstime uses the "international" format.

I played with another script to make the option possible, but it all
got a bit complicated from the viewpoint of making it work with the
menus, so I shelved the attempt.

Should I try again, or do people think 24 hour time is OK? (Personally,
it doesn't bother me).

--
Peter Garrett <inx-one at optusnet.com.au>