[Inx] Release Candidate 1 (INX)

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 9 02:12:29 PDT 2008

Hi,

Just to let you know that the INX Release Candidate 1 has been uploaded

http://inx.maincontent.net/devel/rc-1/

However...

We are running tests on a torrent which I am  currently hosting.
The .torrent file is

http://inx.maincontent.net/RC1-inx.iso.torrent

Please use your favourite bit torrent client to test this out - it
should be running at least for a couple of days to see if it works as
expected. We currently have about 3 seeds only.

Opening the .torrent file in Firefox should offer to open it in a
client (probably Transmission on Ubuntu Hardy), if you are not familiar
with the torrent protocol and clients...

Please report whether it "works"

* Downloads OK? Report speeds if possible...
* While/when the download completes, do you see any seeding (upload)
activity?
* Does the tracker send error messages (for example, claiming your data
port is unreachable) ?

RC-1 INX:

* The links2 browser is no longer SUID root. This means that it will
use the slower "fb" driver from INX menus. You can still run it with
the faster "directfb" by invoking it from a prompt though.

* A couple of the "hard coded" radio station scripts have been tweaked.
This means that for example the ABC streams will default to "mms" but
try rtsp or mp3 if that fails. The ABC's streams are rather unreliable -
I hope that this will help

* I have included my "CDMP" CD player in the "Fun" menu :)
This means you can play CDs either from a second CD-ROM or from the one
you booted with (if you use the "To RAM" option from the bootup screen).

Please report on this edition - there will probably be only one more
before the "final", and bugs need to be found before that!

--
Peter Garrett <inx-one at optusnet.com.au>