[Inx] Blind Distro CLI project - Seeing Puppy for the Blind

David Ring n1ea at arrl.net
Thu Dec 18 21:29:22 PST 2008

Oh my, Peter.  I thought I had, but when I looked at my sent mail, I
could not find it, nor in the received mail.

To all:  Forgive the double post - especially when a bit - if not
totally off topic - I do remember now inviting you to use whatever we
had done - so it wasn't 100% off topic.

I think INX with some (or all?) of what we've done would be a smash
hit.  INX has already done much of it.

If you look at the forum, you'll find that we've done some of the work
- if you run across a "pup" or "pet" file - simply rename them to
tar.gz or zip and uncompress.   One extension is one type of
compression the other extension is the other one.  I hope I got which
was which!

Please search in that thread - you will find MANY many links of
information in that thread - to unusual CLI programs, speech engines,
scripts, please help yourself.

Like I probably (or if not, should have) said - I don't care "who"
does this project - as long as it gets done - you have no idea how the
blind people I've mentioned this to want it.  It just makes sense!

Thanks again Peter for your help - and if we can be of any help, just
ask.  You've got one beautiful project here.  I play with it every
day!

David

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Peter Garrett <inx-one at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:14:53 -0500
> "David Ring" <n1ea at arrl.net> wrote:

 I did, however, notice that you had posted here on the 15th December
about your project...