[Inx] Bleeding-edge latest iso! Grab it now!

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 18 17:00:41 PST 2008

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:53:07 +1030
Kim Hawtin <kim at hawtin.net.au> wrote:

> Peter Garrett wrote:
> > Hello all...
> >
> > Yes, I finally got around to uploading another iso!

>  is there an .iso that has all
> the development files in it that i can build ?

Umm... INX stuff  is in Bash, so the .iso has all the relevant files
right there, in /usr/local/lib/inx (symlinks in /usr/local/bin to
the scripts etc.)  ... or have I misunderstood (again) ? ;-)

Alternatively, you can get the /usr/local stuff from Launchpad via bzr:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~inx-devel/inx/scriptsandfunctions/changes

Or,
bzr init-repo scriptsandfunctions
cd scriptsandfunctions
bzr branch lp:inx trunk

and so on...

I've merged all the 'unstable' latest to "trunk" on LP, so currently
unstable and trunk should be identical.

If you want to make a custom build, you can use the 'buildinx' script.

Actually, I'm going to take the liberty of updating the "tarball" used
as a basis for tweaks etc., so that it is for the 1.04 version. I doubt
that people want to build a clone of 1.0 any more ( it's sooo "last
month"...)

Minutes later...

... Done. If you want to grab the stuff separately:

http://inx.maincontent.net/buildinx/

... but 'buildinx' downloads this and unpacks it in the right spots,
anyway, so you really only need the script, which is on the INX CD
( /usr/local/sbin/buildinx )

Or, download the script directly

http://inx.maincontent.net/buildinx/buildinx

You need an Ubuntu or INX install to run it (although possibly it will
run on Debian - I haven't tried, but you do need to use the Ubuntu
Hardy 8.04  repos.

There's also an html version of 'man buildinx' in the  directory
linked above, if you don't want to fire up INX to read it:

http://inx.maincontent.net/buildinx/buildinx,html

Let me know, if that doesn't answer the question...

Peter
--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net