[Inx] Blind Distro CLI project - Seeing Puppy for the Blind

Peter Garrett inx-one at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 18 22:22:40 PST 2008

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 00:29:22 -0500
"David Ring" <n1ea at arrl.net> wrote:

> Like I probably (or if not, should have) said - I don't care "who"
> does this project - as long as it gets done - you have no idea how the
> blind people I've mentioned this to want it.  It just makes sense!

As you know from my off-list mail to you, I am in fact looking at some
simple ways to integrate text-to-speech in INX.

If I get something running, I will certainly post about it, and also
send you the information, and probably some scripts to play with :)

Good luck with your project, and I hope that we will be able to at least
get some of the functionality that blind or visually impaired people
need incorporated into INX!

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net